Wednesday, August 1, 2012

tight tops and cute shoes

You know those ladies at the gym...the ones that have on full make-up, hair is always in the perfect ponytail, fashionable gym top, and cute colored shoes....yeahhh i don't like them.

I have never been able to pull off  lookin' cute at the gym.

1. because i sweat a lot
2. those tight/cute tanks don't work with my curvy body shape
3. cute shoes does NOT = the right shoes.

Let's focus on #2 today.

This is me after going to the gym last night:

Pretty standard gym wear of an old college t-shirt, and some Capri spandex leggings.
Tucker photobomed the pic because he was trying to lick my sweat. gross dog.

Here's what I wish I was wearing/looked liked:



see: cute workout top that is not baggy, no muffin top on tight pants, half-zip matches her shoes, overall cuteness.


This weekend I'm going on a mission....to get new work-out clothes. The Zumba mom's are making me look bad with their cute tops and matching capris, while i'm rocking my Hanes white v-neck tee. It's time to invest.

However, it's going to a a struggle finding some tops I like that fit correctly. i.e. don't ride up, fit in the shoulders and chest, work on a petite frame, and made for women who have hips.

I wish Staci and Clinton had a What Not To Wear gym edition.

Here's some stores I'm going to check out: Athleta, Sports Authority, Academy, REI, Lululemon....any other suggestions? 

2 comments:

  1. Check out Nike and Target. I got some really cute tops from Nike a little while ago and they were on SALE! Try to look for tops that aren't as fitted on the bottom and are longer. They are THE BEST. I like them because you can wear spandex bottoms with them and not feel too exposed. Target is always great because they have cute stuff and they aren't $$$. I saw that they had some neon colors out right now which are really trendy!!

    -Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna! I'll def. check those out! :)

    ReplyDelete