Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday Favorites!

Happy Friday Y'all! here's to hoping this weekend brings Nash some cooler weather like last weekend! I have another long run of 9 miles planned for Sunday at 6:00 am with a running club in Nashville that is training for the Women's Half Marathon as well!

If you remember by past experience with running groups ( the tortoise and marleene) you know I'm a little nervous/anxious about going on another group run. Hopefully though I'm in a bit better running shape than last time. i hope. and that i don't get lost.

This week's edition of friday favorites is focusing on things digital. My co-worker Michael helped me come up with the topic! ( Heeeyyy Michael!)

1. DailyMile.com

Such a great website. if you look to the R of your computer screen you will see an orange outlined square ( you might have to scroll down a bit..) labeled " Training Widget". the helpful folks from the dailymile website provide this widget that let's others know how many miles you have ran during that week! It also will keep track of your pace and times.

If you visit their website ( www.dailymile.com) you can create you own account with them and track not just your running, but any exercise activity! It's a great way to see how much you have accomplished! My fav part is the " results" page.


I have burned 79.45 donuts?!? YES! and powered 52.32 TV's!

does that mean i can have a donut tomorrow morning....? :)


2. MapMyRun App for iphone.



My phone is always attached to my big toned bicep when i run for 3 purposes.

1. Safety
2. Music
3. MapMyRun app.

It is a free app that will map out your course based on where your phone goes! It let's you play music while using the app and also keeps track of miles ran. I have programed mine so that it tells me when I have reached each mile, my pace for that mile, and my total time running. It's also pretty nifty because you can " Start/Stop" your time if you have to wait to cross the street, take a water break, etc.

You can also go to the website ( mapmyrun.com ) and make/record your own course and share it with your friends or running buddies!


3. On-line Running Calendars



I am always on the look out for new 5k's, 10k's, half's in the area, and I have finally found a site that I like and that they keep updated regularly!

www.nashvillestriders.com and irunfortheparty.com are great resources for my Nash peeps who are looking to see if there are any races going on. I believe they even have the 2013 Race Calendar available!

For those of you who do not live in Nash, you should look to see if your city has any type of running website that lists all the races for that year/month/week. It's such a great resources to find new and exciting courses!



No comments:

Post a Comment