i found this great site yesterday when googling office workouts.
short office workouts
it's quite simple to do these little exercises during the day and some of them are challenging! I think combining these short little quickies plus doing my daily run or training will help create some movement for me during the day.
check out a few of my favorites.
5.Bottom Line Lifters
- lift one glute up and almost off the chair.
- Perform in a side-to-side rocking motion for 30 seconds.
- Next, squeeze your gluteus muscles.
- Hold for ten seconds.
Although originally intended for dancers, arabesque circle exercises performed while you are talking on the phone can be an effective glute and hamstring toner. This is best performed if you have a private office.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Shift weight to left leg.
- Lift right leg behind you.
- Hold on to your desk or chair for balance.
- Slowly circle your left leg clockwise 25 times and counter-clockwise 25 times.
- Switch legs.
3: Conference Table Toners
- first try to lift the table.
- Put your hand under the table.
- Press up against the table.
- Continue until your muscles are tired.
- Do this one hand at a time or both together.
Next, push the table into the floor.
- Put hand on table, palm down.
- Press down as strongly as you can.
- Stop when your muscles are tired.
- You can do this one hand at a time or both together if it looks more natural.
However...please don't let be like this guy.