Monday, August 6, 2012

finallllllyyyyy.

I finally had a great long run that was outside! I've been waiting and waiting for this moment. Sunday morning it was raining here in Nash and i did not want to miss running in it. I quickly changed into my new running clothes, grabbed a quick breakfast, and my gracious roommate agreed to drop me off at the starting point.

I was able to run in a little bit of the rain, but it was mostly overcast weather the majority of the time. I got a great 6.2 ish miles in, and ended at the perfect time because it just started to get real humid. I ran the first 6 mi. of the Women's Half Marathon course and its very do-able and flat! I think I'm really going to like this course a lot better than the Country Music Marathon's. ...which involved lots of hills.

I made a trip down to Academy and finally found a few work out shirts that fit great! longer, not too tight, and looks good on women who are not sticks. I also picked up another pair of work out Capri's and a new camelback water bottle that fits perfectly in your hand when you run. it was a lifesaver on Sunday.





and its anti-odor!! don't know how much that really works though, because i was pretty stinky after the run. but i guess it's the thought that counts.

On Saturday I enjoyed a lovely outing with my girls to Arrington Vineyards. If your not familiar with it, its the vineyard owned and operated  by Kix Brooks from Brooks and Dunn. It's about 30 miles from Nashville and is beautiful! They have a free wine tasting and encourage customers to buy a bottle of wine and relax with their own picnic style lunch/dinner. We brought cheese, crackers, grapes, and some sweets. so much fun. and so pretty and relaxing!







                                               we tried the Raspberry one...


                                        and a white mix. Both very good.






1 comment:

  1. Congrats on a great run! Those Nashville hills are no joke! To get through them on a hot, humid day is huge.

    ReplyDelete