Tuesday, August 14, 2012

confessions of a good weekend.



this weekend went too fast my friends. butttt consisted of many fun things! like fried fish!



i can't help myself....my southern roots just come out on friday. I am always either craving fried catfish or fried chicken. i usually can try to ignore these feelings, but i was weak last friday and gave in. it was worth it.

After stuffing myself with fish, i convinced my friend Bieder to hit the YMCA with me on a Friday night...so exciting right? I think she was just excited to use her new HOT PINK sneakers.


they gym was hoppin' at 8 p.m. on Friday night.....not. but I got a good 3 ish mile run and Bieder had fun watching tv with her hot pink shoes. and i also found out she's realllly good at 1 yoga move. i forget what its called though.


i was impressed.

i visited the Y again on Saturday for an excellent cross-training day. 15 min on the stationary bike, 15 min on the elliptical, and 15 min on the cool new water-arm-peddling- machine thing. i'll have to take a pic next time. it is legggitt. and makes you arms really sore.

i also hosted a little shin dig cookout on sat night with some of my bessstt fraannnsss. This pic includes all the goodies we grilled: sliced potatoes, hot dogs, brats, asparagus, and corn on the cob! not included: brownies, cookies, melted chocolate.


it was the perfect weekend weather! low 80's and in the 60's during the evening. we took Tucker on a stroll at the park on Sunday and found out he looovveesss snowcones! his tongue was bright red after it.


ok, time for some confessions. I was supposed to do an 8 mile run on sunday....i didn't. I made the excuse of having friends in town and spending time with them instead. i think that's valid! because let's be honest, running and training is important, but it never should take over one's life to where they don't get to spend quality time with their friends :)

soooo I have to make up the long run. and tonight's the night! it's perfect weather today in Nash. cloudy, low 80's. i'm feelin' a good run tonight. hopefully.


No comments:

Post a Comment