Tuesday, August 21, 2012

sleepin' in like it's my job

Why can i not EVER wake up early to go for a planned run??
seriously. i have attempted multiple times now and have failed at every one of them.

i think he has something to do with it.


Sunday was no different. remember that planned 6:00 a.m. 9 miler that i was going to run with the running group...yeeaaah def. slept in till 8:30.

I had to suffer the consequences of my actions and start my run at around 9:45 a.m. The first 3 miles were rough. it was already hot. the sun was out. and i was not motivated. If it wasn't for my mom's check in phone pep talks, i don't think i would have made it....but i diiiiddddd. 9 miles in 1:41. i'll take it!

Tried out the Chocolate Gu...not bad at all! I still like the PB one better though. I took it at mile 6ish and didn't really feel like it boosted my run very much, but i'm sure it helped give me a little more energy for the next 3 miles.


special shot out to Panera Bread and Co. for letting me fill my water bottle up 3 times during my run. yes there are that many Panera's in Nash. I'm sure their customers really appreciated my looks and smells.

I'm lookin' forward to some really great runs this week. The weather during the evenings will be in the 60's-70's...which is ideal. PLUS maybe i'll make it to the long run group this sunday as they are pushing back the time to 7:00 a.m. because of the nice weather...surely i can make that right??.....

4 comments:

  1. Ew, that is too hot! I love the chocolate outrage GUs. Deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yummmm. have your tried the coffee one?? I want to try.

      Delete
  2. Good job on the long run! Yea I have to be careful about getting up late here too, the heat is ridonkulous lately!
    I have a 9 miler on my schedule for this weekend! Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete