Monday, July 30, 2012

delayed friday favorites!

totally forgot to post Friday favorites last week...so to make up for it I have several favorites for you guys today! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Did anyone else spend it in front of the TV watching the Olympics like I did. It is only day 3 of the games and I have already found myself emotional involved with all of the athletes and their stories!

1. Rowing for Cross-training




I did this on Saturday, and my arms are stilll sore. It's a great change of pace from the bike and the elliptical. Plus maybe my arms/back will start getting more toned? one can only hope.

2. The Well




a new coffee shop find in Green Hills! The inside of the shop looks like it came straight out of pinterest with great wood pallet details, funky tables, and burlap chairs.

 Plus the company plans to donate all profits made from coffee sales to organizations dedicated to helping build clean water systems throughout the globe....how cool is that??

and they have Umqua oats. only the best bfast on the planet. If you are unfamiliar with Umqua oats, become familiar. It is a great on-the-go oatmeal that  uses whole rolled oats and natural ingredients. This is the first store that I've seen in Nash that carries this product. My friend's mom used to send us a box of the oats all the way from Pittsburgh before!!

My fav. is " Time Out"

Chocolate, coconut, and peanut butter. a winning combo.

3. WATERMELON

I swear I'm going to turn into one over the next week. I stopped at the Amish produce stand and asked the guy to pick me out a good one...he delivered.

this is just half of the watermelon cut up.



the other half is having to be saved for later....anyone have any good watermelon recipes?



so far, i have devoured about half of the bowl above. i expect to be ready to cut up the remaining half on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment