Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday Favorites!

This week's Friday fav's are all about beating the heat. It's been a scorcher here in Nash lately. We are talking gross, muggy, 100 degree weather. not ideal for running. The treadmill and I have become fast friends.

 I'm almost done with my first week in my "updated" training schedule. I did  Zumba on Monday, ran 2.5 miles on Tues, took a little walk on Thurs, running 3 miles tonight, Cross-training on Sat. and then the 5 mile run on Sunday.

It's been awhile since I've done a 5 mile run...not afraid, just don't want to have to do it on the treadmill!!

Here's some of my favorite things to beat the heat:

1. Kafkas Kool Tie


I got a few of these before my first half marathon, knowing it would be a hot one. These things are life savers! They are made out of a nylon material that has these cool little beads things that keep the fabric cool. All you do is emerge the neck tie in a cooler full of ice water, let it sit for a good 20 min, and then wrap it around your neck.

I purchased mine at REI, but I'm sure they have them at other sports stores. They also have a TON of different colors/designs if pink isn't your color :)

here's me modeling mine during the Country Music Marathon in Nash.






2.  Lime-a-Rita!!

I was skeptical at first...but now I'm a believer. I honestly don't know what all is in this can, but its great over ice and with a lime! It def. helps beat the heat. Thanks to my neighbor Catherine for introducing me to this product! 4 for $8!


3. Edy's Fruit Bars made with Splenda


I ate 2 of these last night...and prolly could have eaten the whole box. They are addictive! and only 1 pt on WW. plus, what doesn't scream summer heat more than Popsicles? and they don't contain sugar. I'm a fan.


No comments:

Post a Comment