Tuesday, July 24, 2012

a successful weekend.


i would call this weekend a success. good friends, good food, good workouts!

Friday: I went to a lovely dinner with my friend Peacock to Logan's after a short walk/jog at the Y. You can't go wrong there...buttery rolls, peanuts on the floor, and they actually have semi-healthy dining options! We both got the 6 oz sirloin with salads and sides of broccoli. 10 WW pts.

                                                          

Saturday: i was able to get a quick cross-training work-out in. I biked a bit, walked a bit, and then tried the rowing machine! I think it's going to be a new fav of mine. I could def. feel it in my arms and back the next morning.

that evening, i met my friend Rachel and had my first Belcourt Movie theatre experience. It's a local  independent movie theatre that shows indie movies and classics. We went to go see Moonrise Kingdom...i loved it!! I would highly suggest it. super cute and funny. We then went to Hot and Cold and had dessert. I had the famous Jenni's Mango frozen yogurt and Rachel had a chocolate almond paleta. yummmm.



Sunday it was the big day...my first 5 mile run in a about 20 days. I woke up later than expected, checked the weather and it said 90 degrees outside..... treadmill it was! I was nervous about doing this long-ish run on the treadmill, but it was do-able thanks to the Oxygen Channel and their " Snapped" marathon. i seriously love that show. it's basically about crazy-psycho women who commit crimes to their husbands. it's very intriguing to me for some reason, and makes the time on the treadmill go fast.

                                                               
i fixed myself a late lunch on the grill. Chicken, onion, and green pepper kabob with corn on the cob, sliced tomato, mozzarella, and fresh basil from my garden.


here's to having a productive week!

What did you do this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Great job getting the 5-miler done!

    I have a half marathon giveaway up today, and you need to win it! It's in Clarksville.

    ReplyDelete