Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday Favorites!

Hope everyone is staying cool out there today...it is going to be 107 today in Nash. crazy. This week has been pretty good so far, despite the heat. I stayed pretty true to my training schedule...just amending it a little. 

The hardest thing for me is not the work-out itself, but the days in which I do the work-out. For instance, I was scheduled to run 3 mi on Tues....I ran it Wednesday instead. To me that's not that big of a deal, as long as I get it done. Sometimes in life we can't control everything.

I'm learning that it is OK if I don't get my work-out in/ finish in the time planned, because such is life! It is not perfect. more important things come up than working out sometimes.

However....that should not be used as an excuse! :)

Here's some of my favorite things this week!

1.  Olympics!!

I am lovin' watching the prelims for track and swimming!  It just amazes me what these athletes are capable of. It is really inspiring to know that they have trained 4 years ( plus!) for their events. I think about myself and my own training and realize that it is nothing compared to theirs! Just makes me want to dig deeper and train harder!


did anyone see the men's 5000 meter race?! 5000 meters= 3.1 miles. The guy in the black finished the race in 13 mins and change....13 minutes. I do 1 mile in about 10:30 if I'm lucky....i think i need to start training with this guy.

2. Cross-training: Swimming


I think I've found my new favorite cross-training activity! I've always been a fish in the water, but have found a new love and respect for swimming for excercise. If you have never swam laps...i mean real laps..., it's a total body work-out. and the most stress-free excerice you can do with your body. Plus you don't have to deal with sweat. and it's refreashing in this heat wave.

3. pump-up songs!"

So I've added a few songs to my running playlist and I thought I'd share them with ya!




  • " Too good to be True"- Eden's Edge
  • " Tongue Tied" - Grouplove
  • " Push It"- Salt N-Pepa
  • " Untitled (love song)- Counting Crows
  • " Don't wanna see your face"- John Butler Trio
  • " Chains of Love"- Ryan Adams
  • " 5-1-5-0" - Dierks Bentley

1 comment:

  1. Holy hot! We watched gymnastics last night, and it was so cool to watch! I love these Olympians!

    ReplyDelete