Monday, June 25, 2012

fun in the sun and the number 5.

This weekend consisted of a lot of  " fun in the sun" time. Playing and a little exercising.


On Saturday, my friend Jess and I decided  to grab a bite to eat at this taco-hole-in-the-wall restaurant called Local Taco. They have yummy tacos with unique ingredients. I went pretty normal with a Fish Taco, and a Carnas Taco...but they also had an Italian Taco, Fried Chicken Taco, etc...



All week I've been struggling with a cold/cough/sore throat, so I really wanted something cold for my throat and for the hot temps. We have this local business called  "Las Palates" in Nash. code for The Popsicles. These 2 sisters started the business and make very flavorful and unique frozen Popsicles. Example: Avocado, Cantaloupe, Thin Mint, Nutella, etc. They use real fruit and try not to add any sugar. Jess and I both thought the Watermelon paleta  was good choice.


Sunday it was just too hot to do anything but lay around in the pool. We met up at the  pool and enjoyed the nice cool water to beat the heat. We had upper 90's temps. here this weekend. I think we probably reached 100 by the end of the day. Whatever it was, it was too hot for my planned run in the evening.

very relaxing view of the tree tops.
soooo instead I woke up at 5:00 a.m. this morning and started on my 5-6 mile journey.
I took y'alls advice and layed out my work-out clothes before I went to bed Sunday evening.


it really helped! so did the annoying new alarm sound. scares the heck out of me.

My run was pretty good...i felt cool because all the " hard-core" runners were out doing their morning work-out too. the hills hurt a little this morning because I haven't been doing much of them. I was also reminded that I was a tad sick because my breathing sounded kind of like wheezing.buttt i made it.

woke up at 5, ran 5 miles, in 55 ish minutes. I should really be the spokeswoman for the number 5 today. jeez.



After the run, I enjoyed a new bfast item. They are called Vita Egg Muffins. it was basically an egg white and cheese on an english muffin. I added some blueberries and called it a day. 3 WW pts.

No comments:

Post a Comment