Wednesday, June 20, 2012

late to bed, early to rise.

I DID it!!! I finally woke up early to get my run in before having to get ready for work. I think it was the obnoxiously loud blow horn sound I chose for my phone alarm that finally did the trick. I literally was startled when it went off, causing me to become awake and a little alert. I decided just to run around the neighborhood and explore some side streets this morning. and look what i noticed...


my fingernail polish matched my running shorts!! def. didn't mean to plan that...especially at 6:30 in the morning.

the run was pretty good...but then got a little hot at then end. I also made a rookie mistake and forgot to eat before I went out which caused me to feel a little light headed. i wasn't thinking.it was early. . I brought a water bottle luckily and chugged it at the end of my run, so that helped a bit.



I can't forget about my side-kick and personal service licking dog....isn't that gross that he likes sweat so much? Is that normal? gross.


Here's the pretty morning sun....it's going to be in full gear today in Nash. High of 95!



Last night I babysat and had to have extreme self-control for not eating one all of these. I took a baby bite of one of the kid's and decided to eat a banana instead to fight the craving.


Anyone else run this morning? What helps you wake up? I need tips!

1 comment:

  1. Morning running for the win! Way to go!! It's tough getting up early, but such a great feeling all day long to know that you're done with your run for the day.

    I find it helpful to drink extra water the night before so you're hydrated (and then... while creepy... when your alarm goes off, you have to go to the bathroom too... meaning... you're up!!)

    That works, or going to bed 8 hours before helps. I also sleep in my workout clothes and already have my podcast or playlist set, so I just hop out of bed, lace up the shoes, hit play, and start running before my body knows to tell me to stop.

    The eating-before-you-go is a bit of personal preference. I never eat before a morning run that is under 1 hour or 6-ish miles. I take a sip or two of water and hit the road. On longer runs, I will wake up 1/2 hour before the run, get in about 1/4 cup of cooked oats and 4 oz. of black coffee, then head out. It's all about what works for your body!

    GOOD JOB ON THE MORNING RUN!! :)

    ReplyDelete