Wednesday, June 6, 2012

da beach.

well hello friends! I've been avoiding writing a post because I have not ran since last thursday...
and I know I shouldn't feel guilty about it, but I kind of do. especially since today is National Running Day! ...

it's ok though. i'll get over it...because i got to go to the beach! and see my bestest friend, Stinky!



look at that water! it was as if the weatherman knew i was coming down because it was clear, sunny, and in the 80's. perfect beach weather. It was a great weekend for some fun in the sun!


We were even reading the same book!






I did go on a few 5 mile walks though during the weekend! They live in this cute town by the bay and i went exploring.


...and found this! it was a great little loop to walk around and see the water. Would have been great for a run, but by the time I got out it was too hot.

Stinky had to work on Monday morning, so I treated myself to a little bfast. Found this place the locals go called the Donut Hole. auh-mazing.

i was good and didn't get one...but i did get some banana pancakes!
 

....yeah they were the size of my head. I ended up only eating 1! soooo good.
 
after the pancakes I felt even more guilty, and so i enjoyed a nice walk on the beach. lovely.
 


I'm going to try to get back on track starting tomorrow!  Good thing I added some flex time in my training schedule for the half in sept!


Are you out there doing some running on National Running Day?

Going anywhere beachy this summer? Any cool trips??
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea it was national running day today! But yes, I did run on the treadmill for a while today. And yes, I'm planning on going to the Baltic Sea for a couple of days in August :) I love your beach pictures! Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm gonna have to break out the frying pan and make those banana pancakes STAT. Those look so good! We'll be going to FL beaches this summer. St. Augustine is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete