Monday, June 11, 2012

a little bit of everything...

Alright gang, I'm back in the zone! This is a new week and a new start. I looked at the calendar and realized I'm already on week 6 of my training schedule...crazy. and I'm kickin' it into high gear because I've got a goal I want to reach.

Goal: to lose 5 lbs by the 4th of July weekend...so that is 5 lbs in 4 weeks. Very do-able and realistic i think (hope!).

and in order to reach this I'm going to stick to my training schedule and eating right for the next 4 solid weeks. yes i can! BOOM.

on another note....

I had a very fun weekend and went to the lake with my community group on Saturday! We went to the Elk River in Alabama. there really is nothing like floating on the lake, tanning on the dock, and enjoying boat activities. here's a few pics from our fun in the sun.






on another " another" note... ( warning: viewer discretion is advised)

i think my toe nail is falling off?! I know its natural for runners to lose toe nails, but i kind of freaked out yesterday because it has never happened to me before. When I got a pedicure about 3 weeks ago I noticed that my toe nail was blue when the polished was removed, but i didn't think anything of it. Now it looks like this...


to pull or not to pull?? that is the question. Sorry if this is TMI.

Ever had any issues with toe nails falling off?? Advice?

Is 5lbs in 4 weeks do-able? Cheer me on!



2 comments:

  1. mine is doing the same thing and it's the exact same toe!! i've been putting tea tree oil on it (the lady at the nail salon recommended it) and haven't pulled yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a super reasonable goal. You just have to cut 5,000 calories in 4 weeks, right? You can do it! I finally pulled my toenail off (that was semi falling off anyway) when I had a marathon coming up. Otherwise, I probably would have let it hang on longer. It was very hideous when i pulled it off.

    ReplyDelete