Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Round 2!

After much debate and deliberation, I have decided to start my own running blog! I have been so inspired by reading other runners posting about their runs, training, STRUGGLES,FOOD and just general life, that I thought to myself....I should do join the club. Why the heck not?

WARNING:
-I am not a writer.
-there will probably be MANY typos/spelling errors/made-up words, etc. Please be kind.
-I am NOT in any means a professional runner...just something i like to do/goal/strive for!

I am currently training for my 2ND half-marathon! After training and completing my 1st half (Country Music Marathon) I decided to keep going.

A little background about me...

-i HATE running. I have always been a team sports kind-of-girl and its been a struggle learning how to just run for the heck of it.
-Running is the only exercise i have found that works EVERY muscle in your body! It has been amazing to feel such a difference in the way I feel after 12 weeks of training.
-i am using running as a tool for weight-loss and exercise as well as overall health. I have lost about 10 lbs so far!
-i have a tendency to run while i sing...especially if it is a current "top 20" song. A girl's got to have fun!
-i have a 3 year old rescue dog named Tucker that i LOVE.  If he could run the 13.1 miles with me...he would.

I plan to post every couple of days so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment