Thursday, May 10, 2012

A little pampering....

When I first started my new lifestyle of running and eating better, I had to make some goals and incentives! In my mind I have to have something that I'm working towards, whether it be a check-list, a treat, or a new pair of shoes (!).

So me and my mom came up with a few treats!

Every time you work out put $3 in a jar! I NEVER have cash, but I've made it a habit of going to the bank once a week and requesting about $15 in $1's so that I have it on hand. Once the jar gets a little full, I treat myself to something I've been wanting! For instance: FroYo, mani/pedi, new Loft outfit, etc.

I like to use a mason jar so I can SEE the $$$. plus its retro chic.

Since I am using running as a tool to become more healthy and to lose a few lbs. I decided to do an extra special treat for every 10 lbs I lost. A MASSAGE! So special to me. I've only have a few in my life and they are the essential treat for muscle pain and stress relief. I received 1 so far! ( yes that means I've lost 10 lbs!! WOO!) and it was by far the best feeling on my feet/legs. Nowadays you can find some great deals on Groupon for a 60-min massage! I suggest Adagio in Nashville.


You get to get in a big comfy robe, have a lil' mimosa, and then a little sweet treat at the end! Perfect little treat.

The last incentive is a bit more practical. In my room I have printed out my training schedule and put it on my bulletin board. Every time I finish a work-out, I go over to my handy-dandy schedule and check-off the activity with a fun pen color ( bright pink ). This helps me physically and mentally " check" off what I accomplished today.It also helps to see my progress and mentally gear up for what I have left to do!

What do you use as motivation?

Any special treats that I should try?

No comments:

Post a Comment