Tuesday, May 15, 2012

dance parties.

Week 1....check!

One of my goals during this training period was to get some different types of activities in (aka Cross-training). It's great to be able to get out and run a few miles everyday but sometimes your body just needs a change up. and to work different muscles.

Saturday I decided to go to the gym to get my cross-training on. I was hesitate about it, but I jumped on the stationary bike. I usually don't enjoy the bike that much because I always feel like I can't reach the pedals....but this one had a TV and FAN attached to it, so i figured I could give it a try.

Best. Decision. Ever.  I got to watch Sex and the City and work-out. I will be adding the bike into my cross-training activities more often! oh and I was able to text/e-mail at the same time as working out! added bonus.

I also tried to lift a few weights and do some core work...let's just say I was very sore on Sunday/Monday. I've got to start doing more of that.

I also attended a lovely wedding on Saturday evening and even worked a little cross-training in on the dance floor. Whoever tells you that dancing is not an activity is crazy. I definitely got my heart rate up, let go of some built up frustration, and had a BLAST.



no idea what that spot is on my dress...probably sweat.



Speaking of dancing...i love Zumba. Zumba is a great dance class full of Latin inspired moves. I go every Monday night at our local Y and it is sooo much fun. It's usually just a bunch of women who like to have fun! It's a work-out lemme tell ya. The best part....you don't even realize that 60 min has gone by!  and also the music. i personally enjoy the top 40 ish songs and the gansta Latin songs that are in Spanish and i have no idea what they are saying. my favorite.


don't worry....we actually wear shirts in zumba and have our hair pulled back.



What is your favorite Cross-training activity?

Have you tried Zumba???

1 comment:

  1. No, I have not tried Zumba, because I have 2 left feet. The 2 left feed would lead me to getting my feet all tangled, tripping, falling and hitting my head on the floor causing a concussion :-). That would not be a pretty sight!

    ReplyDelete