Wednesday, May 23, 2012

the feet.

Alright fellow runners...need some input/advice!

Over the last couple of weeks my feet have been giving me some issues and I'm not sure why. I'm going to map it out for y'all to make it easier.

Issues:
- soreness/hurting on the bottoms of the foot.
-no heel pains or pains in toes, just soreness in the heel area, arch, and balls of feet
-hurts with shoes and without shoes (any kind of shoe)
-hurts during the day and a bit while exercising
- no sharp pains, just overall soreness


I know it's not..( or at least i think).:
-new shoes because i had my old ones checked out and i bought a new pair on Monday and my feet have been hurting for a few weeks
- that I'm tracking a TON of miles..because I'm not ha.
- type of shoes..i have mizuno's and have been fitted for them
-i don't have flat feet or incredible high arches

Do I need...:
- to suck it up and just stretch a certain part of my foot?
-sole inserts? ( never had to have a pair before!)
-keep off my feet? I feel like I'm not really on them that much a day tho...
-focus on a certain type of stretch?
- to not ever wear sandals again?? ( please say NO!!!)
-ice everyday? ( i iced on Monday and didn't feel any real difference)



Help a fellow runner out because self-diagnosing myself  over the Internet has caused me to think i have cancer or something of the like...! (just kidding of course)

P.s. I'm getting a pedicure today...so that might just cure everything! ;) I wouldn't mind if that was the remedy every couple of weeks.


Have you ever had this issue with your feet?

What helped?....please don't say quit running!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey! Sorry I cannot help out with the foot problem. I've had plenty of running related woes over the years (mostly knees), but nothing foot related (yet). I'm happy you found my blog, because now I've found yours! :) Love Southern Runners/Bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you never have them haha! They are feeling better though. It's amazing what stretching and wearing the right supportive shoes will do! Glad we have found each others blogs! :)

      Delete
  2. even though you said its not the shoes, it very well could be them. I've been fitting for shoes before and then had to go back and try something else out. Since you said you live it Nashville, Fleetfeet is REALLY good about exchanging shoes even if you've ran in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa for the advice! I usually go to Athlete's house but I might head to fleet feet if they are still bothering me. Stretching out and wearing proper everyday support shoes are helping as well!

      Delete