Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday Favorites!

Week 1 of the training schedule is almost in the bag. Went on a pretty good run last night of 2.5 miles. While I was running I was thinking " How did I ever run 13.1 miles when I can barely run 2 tonight!" It's amazing how quickly you can get off your running schedule. Hoping next week will be a bit easier! However, the weather was auh-mazing. 70's, sun was going down, and just a little bit of a breeze.

Alright here's my Friday Favorites!

1. Mizuno Running Shoes


These are the Mizuno Women's Wave Alchemy 11 Running Shoes and I LOVE them. I have had 3 pairs and every pair is very easy to run in and light weight. It's important that when you are running/exercising to have a shoe that fits properly. Running in a shoe that does not provide proper support can be detrimental for your feet...causing more problems in the long run. I know these shoes shoes are not very budget friendly but they are WORTH it. Trust me. To find a perfect running shoe that fits your needs, I suggest going into a local footwear shop and be properly fitted for your shoe. These guys are SO helpful and analyze how you run in order to find what you need in a shoe.

**Word of advice...DON'T pick a shoe out because of its color/style. Unfortunately with nice running shoes the old saying " you get what you get, and your don't throw a fit" wins**

I suggest The Athlete's House in Nashville! Super nice folks.



2. PRO Compression Trainer Socks

Trainer Low White (2-Pair)


 I just got these  a week ago and I am obsessed with them! They are a compression sock which offers lightweight construction, a stabilizer zone ( which increases comfort and provides lots of support), and moisture control. These socks are great for running, walking, or just everyday wear. They are supposed to fit a little tighter on your foot.




3. Ben and Jerry's Frozen Greek Yogurt

Ok...so I know this has nothing to do with running, but it's SOO good I couldn't resist adding it. I am currently on this flavor, Banana Peanut Butter, and I'm lovin' it. It's not too bad for you either since it contains Greek yogurt. I think its 1/2 cup for 5 WW points...so not terrible. It is really worth a try though, esp. if you are needing a little something sweet.


What is your favorite Ice Cream Treat?

Do you have a favorite pair of running shoes/socks?

No comments:

Post a Comment