Wednesday, September 26, 2012

WHM 2012 Race Recap!

FINALLY getting around to writing a new post!....I swear I felt like I haven't wrote one in forever. I haven't had the time to sit down and explain to you guys how AWESOME this weekend was.

1. half marathon
2. parents in town!
3. it was a weekend.

1. i was supppper. nervous about this half for some reason...just because it was my 2nd half marathon ever and i think i had some pre-jitters.



buttt..they quickly went away because I found my 2 fav. blogger friends!!! we FINALLY got to meet in PERSON. so cool. seriously. theses ladies are awesome and you should check out their blogs! so inspiring and entertaining.

Kelsey , Lisa, and me!!! BLOGGER meet-up!

Lisa and I! ...we forgot to look cool and put our hands on our hips to make us look " skinner"

the first 3 ish miles of the race were "ehhhh"...I had some stomach issues and had to stop at the porter potty's a couple times...sorry for the TMI, but hey, it happens!

Mile 5ish- I finally saw my first supporter!!!  My neighbor was so sweet and stood out on the corner of Fairfax st. to cheer me on! She def. helped give me the push i needed.

Mile 6ish-7- I saw Lisa on Belmont Blvd! She was lookin' strong at a GREAT pace! So great to see her smiling face.

Mile 7-ish- GU...YES, chocolate Outrage!

Mile 8--Saw Kelsey and her sister going the other way on Belmont Blvd and my Parents! they were so sweet and brought signs  to cheer me on!  I also was able to see my friend Jess and Dan from a distance at the local coffee shop cheering me on! Thanks guys!!!!! :)



mom told me to strike a pose apparently i was channeling my inner " spirit fingers" stance.

Mile 9-13.1--felt great! I was on a roll, feelin' good, and ready to finish. It was starting to get a little warm outside, esp in the sunshine. I kept switching sides of the road to find some sort of shade. I was ready for the end and hoping that I still would keep in my " goal" range time of 2:30....wasn't sure if i was going to make it with the stops.

Mile 12.5-13.1- I ran down 2nd street and saw McFaddens...a dance club that me and my friends sometimes frequent. the memories from this place made me smile and helped me get through the last bit! also, i broke out a couple of dance moves while running by....

FINISH!

Lisa took this great action shot of me finishing! Thanks soooo much...this pic. will def. be making the blog pics! annnddd. my official time was 2:30:52!!!!!!!!! I made it by 8 seconds!! check.

My parents were able to find me at the finish line very easily! It was a very well organized race with great volunteers. thank you to everyone! I will def. be doing this race again next year!









the rest of the weekend was spent resting, hanging out with my folks, and going to my first NFL game! The Titans def. showed up against Detroit on Sun. and it was a great experience and game!  So blessed and happy to have my sweet parents in town...can't wait to see them again for Thanksgiving!


aren't they cute?!

my roomie and me. she is running her 1st 5k next month!!! Color Run Nash!




.


4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your second half- marathon! That is so awesome! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your parents are so cute! When I looked at the pics I took of you, I thought that it looked like you were dancing/running. But now I know that you really were!!! So fun. I love to dance-run too! So proud of you for reaching your goal WITH stops AND hills! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! So nice that your parents were there to cheer you on.

    ReplyDelete