Monday, September 10, 2012

LAST long run...and a pleasant surprise!

It was such a great weekend here in Nash. beeauuuttiiifull weather, great friends, and a great run. I did an easy 3 miler on sat to just get my body movin'. it was great seeing so many people out and enjoying the wonderful weather we had. i ran by a few coffee shops and was so tempted to just stop in and get a cup instead of running...

on Sunday a miracle happened...I WOKE up early to run my 11 miler! i missed the running group by like 20 min, but i was ok with running by myself because it was cool ( like 60's) and gorgeous.

the run started off OK, i was pretty tight and had to stop to stretch a couple of times. I met another runner about mile 2.5 ish and was able to talk to him for a little bit until he passed me. we ended up running past each other again on mile 6 and gave each other the runners head nod ( you know what i'm talking about...)

I stopped at mile 5ish-6 with some funky stomach pains. mostly likely the Mexican food and margarita that I consumed on sat. evening was catching up with me. stopped for a quick potty break and went back at it. consumed a chocolate outrage GU at mile 7. YUM.

 
then at mile 8 i was pleasantly surprised because i literally ran into my friend Heather who is training for the Chicago Marathon! We have been trying to run together for awhile now, but have never been to get together because of our busy schedules. She said she had about 4 ish miles left, so i told her " Let's Go!". We ran the rest of the miles together and it was soooo great. She is the same height as me, and has short legs, so it was nice to run with her! (I hope i didn't slow you down Heather!) plus we got to catch up on each others lives, running plans, and her own wedding plans! such a sweet surprise.
 
 
after the run, I had some post-recovery chocolate milk and enjoyed the sunshine and beautiful weather....was def. a great Sunday Funday.
 
 
 


yes...i might have given Tucker a little taste of chocolate milk too. i knowww...i'm a bad dog owner.

2 comments:

  1. love how you ran into your friend, crazy how stuff works out like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff! I love running too despite my bow legs

    ReplyDelete