Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Somedays you just have a bad run...

Sometimes...you just have a bad run. it's just how it is! Not every time you step outside to do a run can you feel 100%...this was me on Saturday.

I had two great training runs this past week with great temps, good attitudes, and just an overall good mood. I was really hoping to get a  long run of 6 miles in on Saturday...but it didn't turn out how I expected...and that's OK! I used to get down on myself when I didn't meet my goal, or I didn't perform how I pictured myself. But now, I have realized, it's OK. Sometimes you won't get in the groove, feel the runners high...sometimes it just is what it is.

Saturday's run didn't start out well either...i took a pretty nasty tumble at the very beginning of the run. Ended up scraping my knee and elbow pretty badly, not to mention my running pants got a hole in them :(       Luckily Gus was with me and helped pull me up...literally.

I don't know what was wrong with me on Saturday. It took a lot of energy if felt to just run a few miles and I didn't really get in the groove... if you know what i mean. I tried to push through it though and made it 5.5 miles...and i'm proud i stuck with it!

Another goal was met this weekend...I offically lost 3 more lbs since I weighed last!! ( about 2 weeks ago!) so I am halfway to my goal of losing 10 lbs my Christmas! WOOO HOO!! I can't tell you how excited this made me. Hopefully I'll be able to use a little self control over Thanksgiving and not over indulge tooo much. I still plan to run when I'm home, hopefully finding a few nice paths to do a couple of longs runs on!

Hope everything has a great Thanksgiving with their families and loved ones!

P.S....I already have my tree up so when I come back to Nash, my house is already for Christmas :) :)





1 comment:

  1. Not the pants! I don't mind getting bruised and broken, but I hate getting holes in running clothes from falling. They are so darn expensive! But I hope you're ok, obviously more important...but the pants!:)

    ReplyDelete